I. DEFINITION OF COOKIE
Cookies are files that are downloaded to the computer, tablet, cell phone or any other device of the user of a website when accessing it, storing information about your browsing that can allow, among other utilities, to recognize you as such user when accessing the website again, to know your browsing habits or to customize the way in which the content of the website is shown to you.
The set of cookies of all our users helps us to improve the quality of our website, allowing us to control which pages are useful, which are not and which can be improved.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services and facilitating user navigation and use of our website.
In no case the cookies could damage the user’s equipment. On the contrary, the fact that they are active helps us to identify and resolve errors.
II. TYPES OF COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
According to their purpose, we distinguish the following:
– Analysis or measurement cookies: those that allow us to quantify the number of users, as well as to analyze the use they make of this website, and this in order to improve the user experience, introducing improvements based on the analysis of such usage data.
– Technical Cookies: those that allow the user to browse this website, and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, including both those used to allow the management and operation of the website and those used to enable its functions and services.
– Preference or personalization cookies: those that allow both to remember information about the user’s browsing habits, so that the user can access the service with certain features that differentiate their experience from those of other users, and to customize the way in which the content of the website is shown.
And according to the entity that manages cookies:
– Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by 24Genetics, from which the service requested by the user is provided. The information collected is used to improve the quality of the website and its content, as well as your user experience. These cookies allow us to recognize the user as a recurring visitor to the website and adapt the content of the page to offer content that suits your preferences.
– Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by 24Genetics, but by another collaborating entity, which processes the data obtained through the cookies. They are cookies used and managed by external entities that provide 24Genetics with services requested by it in order to improve the website and the user’s experience when browsing it. The main purposes for which third-party cookies are used are to obtain access statistics and the analysis of browsing information, i.e. how the user interacts with the website. The information obtained refers, for example, to the number of pages visited, language, number of users accessing, frequency and recurrence of visits, time of visit, browser used, or operator or type of device from which the visit is made. This information is used to improve the website and to detect new needs in order to offer users the best quality content and service. In any case, the information is collected anonymously, and reports on website trends are prepared without identifying individual users.
In our case, the collaborating entities in this respect are GOOGLE ANALYTICS and GOOGLE ADS.
In the following links you can get more information about the types of cookies used by these third parties, their main features, expiration period, etc.:
Regarding Google Analytics:
And as regards Google Ads:
– Social media cookies (which are also third-party cookies): 24Genetics incorporates social media plugins, which allow access to these from the website. For this reason, social media cookies may be stored in the user’s browser. The owners of these social networks have their own data protection and cookie policies, and are responsible for their own files and privacy practices. The user must go to them to find out about these cookies and, where appropriate, the processing of personal data. Below, we indicate for information purposes the links where you can consult these privacy policies and cookies:
None of the identified cookies are used to create profiles that involve automated decisions with legal effects for the user or that significantly affect him/her.
Through the configuration of your browser, by selecting the corresponding option, the user can allow all cookies or block their use, or accept only some of them, as well as delete, totally or partially, those already installed on your device.
The procedures for rejecting and deleting cookies may differ from one Internet browser to another. Consequently, the user should consult the specific instructions provided by the Internet browser he/she is using. In this regard, we provide links to the official support sites of the main Internet browsers so that you can configure your browser in relation to cookies:
– For information on how to manage cookies in Microsoft Edge:
– For information on how to manage cookies in Internet Explorer:
– For information on how to manage cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
– For information on how to manage cookies in Google Chrome:
– For information on how to manage cookies in Safari:
IV. CHANGES IN THE COOKIES POLICY
This English version of the document has been prepared for information purposes only and has no legal value, so that the only legally binding version of this agreement is the one drafted in Spanish, which can be consulted at https://24genetics.es/politica-de-cookies/