Frequent Asked Questions
1) Shipping and pickup
- How long do the reports take? From the date of the order, between 4 and 8 weeks.
- How long does it take before I receive the kit? From the date you placed the order, between 24 and 72 working hours.
- I have already collected my sample; how do I send the kit back? To return the kit, register it here and select one of the options: postal shipping (if your shipping envelope has postal stamps and our address, just drop it in any post office box) or "schedule a pickup" if you do not have a bag with postal stamps. We will send you the instructions for the pickup.
- Can I send my kit from a different address than the one where I received it? Yes, just enter the new pickup address when you register your kit here. If you are shipping from Spain, just drop the sample and copy the signed form in any post office or mailbox.
- Can I buy it as a gift and send it to any address? Yes, just keep the order number you will receive in the confirmation email and use the delivery address to deliver the kit.
- Do you ship to any country? Yes, you can order from anywhere in the world. Just make sure you provide a complete and valid postal address.
- How much does it cost to ship the kit? In Spain, shipping is free. For the rest of the world, Express shipping with pickup service costs 25€ and is free for orders over 248€.
- Do I have to go to the office for testing? No, we deliver the kits to your home free of charge. You can see here the detailed instructions on how to use the kit.
- Do I have to keep the sample in special conditions before sending it back? No, the sample remains in perfect condition at room temperature for a minimum of 3 months.
- What payment methods are available? In Spain, in addition to credit card, Paypal or bank transfer (payment options in the European Union), you can pay by cash on delivery. Outside the European Union only by credit card or Paypal.
- Can I pay in instalments? No, this option is not available yet.
- Can I buy any pack and make some of the reports for myself and the rest for another person? No, each purchase (regardless of the number of reports) will be valid for only one person (There is only one kit for taking the DNA sample).
- What is the cost of shipping? We include One-way shipping with any purchase. Pickup is included for purchases over 248€ and fees of 25€ for purchases under 248€.
3) Types of tests
- Do you perform paternity tests? No, at 24Genetics, we do not perform this kind of tests.
- Do you diagnose diseases? No, our reports are preventive. We only analyze a part of the genetic information (about 730,000 genetic biomarkers of a total of 3,200 million biomarkers in our genome). If you are looking for a clinical panel to confirm or rule out a specific disease, please contact a clinical laboratory.
- Can I request a refund if I bought the kit by mistake? We will refund the full amount except the shipping cost and the cost of the kit delivered if the refund request is before sequencing the sample. In case the sequencing has started, we cannot refund any amount. We make the refund via the original payment method within 21 working days after confirmation from the customer service team.
5) Packs and promotions
- Can I choose the two reports I want in the Ancestry + 2 reports offer? Yes, just write in the "comments" area in the provided form with the kit which reports you will like to receive. The reports ordered in packs are the same as the ones ordered individually.
- What does the All-in-one pack include? It includes our seven complete reports, the raw sequencing data file and a free telephone counsel (10 minutes for each report).
6) Distribution and partnership
- Can the kits be done on babies from 0-3 years old? Yes. In the case of a baby, we need to know beforehand to prepare a special kit to facilitate sample collection.
- Are there any contraindications for pregnant women? No. The reports will not vary.
- Will the ancestry report help me find my relatives? With any of your reports, you will receive the raw data file of your sequencing (Raw Data) that you can upload to free websites that have the DNA family-matching service. In case your relatives have uploaded their data as well, you will get information about the relationship. At 24Genetics, we do not offer this information as such.
- Do you send Raw Data? Yes, you just have to request it by email when you receive your reports.
- I bought my report from another company (Ancestry, MyHeritage, 23andme, LivingDNA, FamilyTree, etc.). Can I purchase the 24Genetics reports from my Raw Data? Yes, you can buy it here.